Home / Careers / Job Application
A member of the preconstruction team who is responsible for preparing budgets, estimates, and pre-bid packages for construction projects to be built for clients. Responsibilities also include working with the project management team in establishing a bidders list, soliciting and evaluating subcontractor proposals and scopes of work, preparing quantity surveys and reviewing project plans and specifications for constructability and value engineering in all CSI (Construction Specification Institute) categories of work. Some supervision of other estimators, interns or project engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5-10 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Knowledge of building construction methods and materials and their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances, systems, and trade practices.
- Basic understanding of accounting, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Knowledge of the markets and union/non union bidding experience.
- Has experience working on $5 – $10 million dollar projects.